Here are a few questions that should be answered before you sign a car lease:
- What types of leases are obtainable and what are their differences? (Two were explained previously, but dealers may have variations.)
- What will the initial costs of leasing be?
- What will the continuing costs of leasing be?
- Will my initial cost or continuing costs decrease due to a trade-in?
- Can I exceed the specific mileage in my lease?
- If I take an early termination or a purchase option, how will my mileage allowance be enforced?
- If I fall behind in my payments or want to stop leasing, can I sublease?
- If I want to terminate my lease before the agreement is up, what happens?
- Do I have options at the end of my lease?
- What can I expect to pay at the end of the lease?
Posted in: Buying or Leasing Your Next Car