Get your FREE tax review!
Estate and Trust Planning
Effective estate and trust planning can protect your assets and ensure your heirs receive the full benefit of your hard work. With Wulstein Financial Services, you’ll clearly understand your options and their advantages and disadvantages. We’ll work with you to create a well-thought-out plan that meets your goals for asset distribution, including putting resources in trust for younger heirs and managing all tax returns for estates and trusts. Your careful planning will ensure your loved ones avoid unnecessary financial complications during a time of loss.
Estate planning and trusts often fail to do what the planner intended. But you can ensure your estate plan provides maximum value for you and your heirs. We’ll make sure you take all possibilities into account:
- Many think a will covers all the bases, but it may force your estate into a very expensive probate process. Let’s avoid this with appropriate trust planning.
- Once your trust is created, all your accounts need to be retitled into the name of the trust. We’ll work with you to make sure your trust is appropriately funded and that any additional assets will move into the trust and be distributed according to your instructions.
- With regular reviews, we’ll make sure your instructions are up-to-date and change as your circumstances and family size and composition changes. Life happens – make sure your estate planning is keeps up.
- All your assets don’t necessarily follow your will or trust. Beneficiary forms dictate how retirement accounts and insurance policies pay out. If you’ve gone through a divorce or experienced other changes, you may need to revise these forms.
- Many parents establish trusts when their children are very young, assuming that by the time they are in their early 20s, they will be able to manage a large inheritance. Then, often, as their children approach that age, they see that perhaps full access to all assets is too much responsibility.
- The needs of your children may be quite different. Perhaps you have a special needs child who requires lifelong assistance. It may well be appropriate to treat each child differently when distributing your assets.
- Preserve family peace with a corporate trustee. An impartial third party can more easily follow your instructions under pressure than one of your family members.
Any good financial plan will include solid trust and estate planning, and Wulstein Financial Services will ensure yours meets your family’s needs.