- Make sure that your policy can be renewed every year
- Know that if you are disabled, yet able to work part time, you will still receive coverage
- Choose a waiting period (elimination period) of three to six months, to keep the premium down, and then set aside a nest egg for that time.
- Make sure you will be eligible to receive coverage until the age of 65, when your retirements will kick in.
- Make sure that the policy will pay if you cannot perform the work in your field.
Posted in: Long-Term Care Insurance